Keto Vanilla Bean Crème Brûlèe
... those little treats we make ourselves when we need a little extra fat.
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup Erythritol, divided
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 quart hot water
- Pour the cream into a small saucepan. Add the vanilla bean and seeds and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 15 min. to cool and infuse. Remove the vanilla bean and discard.
- Preheat oven to 325 °F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and ¼ cup of Erythritol. Continue to whisk until eggs are light in color. Add the cream a little at a time, stirring now with a wooden spoon continuously. Pour the liquid into four shallow ramekins and place on a rimmed cookie sheet.
- Pour 1 quart or more of hot water into the pan and allow it to come up to half way up the ramekin. Bake for 40 to 45 min. or until the creme brulee is set, it should still be wobbly in the center.
- Remove the ramekins and let cool. Refrigerate until ready to serve, at least 2 hours
- When ready to serve, remove ramekins from refrigerator 30 min. prior. Cover the tops of the brulee with the remaining ¼ cup of Erythritol. Light a torch, with the flame not too close melt the Swerve to form a hard crust on top. Let cool for 5 min. before serving.
- Recipe by: Tara Finnerty RDN, CSP, CD