... those little treats we make ourselves when we need a little extra fat.
- 3 cups of chopped nuts (I use 1 cup each of pecans, walnuts, and slivered almonds)
- 1 cup of shredded or flaked unsweetened coconut
- 2.5 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon of Erythritol (Swerve) or Xylitol alternative sweetener
- 1 pinch of salt (if using recipe as a cereal replacement, may want to omit this)
- 2 Tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Combine all the dry ingredients (nuts, coconut, cinnamon, sugar alternate, salt) and mix well. Add in coconut oil 1 tablespoon at a time and mix until fully incorporated.
- Spread mixture onto the baking sheet
- Place in preheated oven and bake for ~10-12 minutes. Halfway through, gently toss mixture with a spatula. Bake until just starting to brown (keep a close eye on the granola as oven temps may vary and mixture can burn easily).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Mixture will become firm and crunchier as it cools. Granola will last quite a while if place in a good airtight container.
Serving size: ¼ cup
Total Crabs: 6 gm
Net Carbs:2 gm
Fat: 19 gm
Protein: 4 gm
- Recipe by: Tara Finnerty RDN, CSP, CD